Your Questions | About Pet Rats Answers
I found a ton of posts telling me how to know if my rats like me, but how do I tell/show my rats that I like them?
What a Wonderful Question!
There are SO many ways you can show your rats you love them. Here are 20 ways to get you started:
1. Spend lots of quality time together, preferably several times a day.
2. Feed them a healthy diet (…..no sugary, hi-carb treats and no junk food). They’ll feel so much better!
3. Find new ways to play with them – Intellectual stimulation is so important for our ratties since they’re extraordinarily intelligent. Food puzzles help satisfy a rat’s desire for the new and novel:
4. Teach them tricks – Rats love to learn:
5. Give them as large a cage as you possibly can.
7. Redecorate their home regularly so they don’t get bored.
9. Build your rats a maze:
10. Make sure to rat-proof any areas in which you give them free range time – here’s a link that includes information on how to rat-proof a bathroom
11. Build a box town
12. Expose them to new situations and people often – well socialized rats are happier and live longer. This is Twyla meeting her new human friend, Jamie:
14. Make sure to have at least two rats at a time.
17. Give your ratties lots of kisses. They will reciprocate:
18. Always talk softly and lovingly to your rats.
19. Sing to them. Read to your rats and, even better, make up your own bedtime stories for them.
20. Indulge your pet rats with massage.Follow About Pet Rats: